Sexual Behavior & Addiction
Experience relief and freedom to enjoy your loved ones
There is no shame in seeking therapy for sexual issues. As an experienced Compulsive Sexual Behavior Counselor, I provide a safe space to talk about sex for individuals suffering from concerning sexual behaviors and dysfunction. I specialize in working with those suffering from sexual addiction, compulsive sexual behaviors, and the consequences of infidelity and betrayal. My program can help you find a way to heal the painful challenges of sexual addiction but to heal the relationships that have been affected. My goal as a Compulsive Sexual Behavior Counselor is to help those understand the underlying motives of their sexual behavior, control unwanted behaviors, and promote self-reflection and growth. I work with both adults, adolescents, and couples.
It is best to arrange a consultation so I can assess your sexual concerns. The following are signs therapy is the next step for you:
- You feel powerless over how you act, think, feel sexually.
- Your sexual choices are making your life unmanageable.
- You feel shame, embarrassment or even self-loathing over your sexual acts.
- You promise yourself you’ll change, but fail to keep those promises.
- You’re preoccupied with sexual behaviors, it becomes like a ritual to you.
- Your relationships are suffering.
What is sex addiction?
There are many forms of sexual addiction. Sex addiction is a form of hyper-sexuality in which the individual is unable to control sexual urges and behaviors. It is characterized by failure to control or curtail sexual behavior even though it leads to harmful consequences. Often, these behaviors interfere with daily life and eventually results in serious physical, social and psychological complications.
These sexualized behaviors are typically compulsive, concealed and obsessive. Rather than integrating sex into life and relationships, individuals use sex as a means of coping with stress, dealing with loneliness, handling boredom and feeling important or powerful. Some individuals suffer from cybersex addiction, which involves pornography viewing and other sex-related online behaviors.
Sex addiction manifests in a variety of risky, obsessive and maladaptive behaviors. Some of the most common include:
- Multiple affairs
- Multiple and/or anonymous sexual partners
- Compulsive masturbation
- Obsessive use of pornography
- Prostitution or use of prostitutes
- Compulsive use of online dating apps or scanning sexual adds for sexual purposes or attention
- Exhibitionism (including sexualized photo or video exchanges)
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Motivational Enhancement Therapy
Sexual Behavior & Addiction Treatment
My specialized treatment approach includes several proven strategies that have brought relief and hope to many.